Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Help..Looking for a shampoo/conditioner for my Yorkie/Maltise to ..?

Help her from getting so many tangles or knots . I do brush her almost everyday, but I was wondering if you had any good ideas for a good shampoo and conditioner to make this process a little bit easier. I guess I really just need a good conditioner that would help remove tangles and knots ... I just wanted to see what you guys recommend ! Thanks for your help !Help..Looking for a shampoo/conditioner for my Yorkie/Maltise to ..?
I have Yorkies and my Mom has Malteses. The best product out there for removing tangles is Cowboy Magic Instant Detangler and Shine. They usually sell it at feed stores because it is a horse product - Toby's natural pets sells it online. Since a little goes a long way the tube is plenty and will last you forever. You take a very small amount and rub it in your hands and then rub it on the dog, wet or dry. It is a silk protein so it is not oily. It works like magic, matts and detangles just disappear instantly. I promise, you will be amazed by this product.


http://www.cowboymagic.com/ has store locatorHelp..Looking for a shampoo/conditioner for my Yorkie/Maltise to ..?
Petsilk makes a good leave in conditioner.
I have three yorkie/maltese and I know exactly what you mean. Angel, my oldest (almost 5) has long, silky hair, but does get knots now and then. I bathe her using a whitening shampoo one time and then a calming shampoo the next bath - then I use an oatmeal rinse, then I use a spray detangler on her and it works pretty good. After I rinse that out, I use a leave-in conditioner. Nothing is going to take the knots out completely except brushing, but the detangler does help make them come out easier. One of my others has the ';cotton-like'; hair and I had no choice but to keep him in a puppy cut. It knotted over night!!! The other one has fine hair and I also keep him cut short. Good luck! They are precious dogs, aren't they?
I use Buddy Wash and Buddy Rinse on my dogs...it's made with all natural ingredients and they have a couple different ';flavors'; to choose from. I usually buy the Lavender/Mint...it smells so good and the pups smell good and are super clean, shiny and soft after baths. You can get it an any high end dog supply store...not sure where you are located, but Mud Bay Granary, Three Dog Bakery, Muttropolis, even Cost Plus World Market sells this brand. It's made by Cloud Star and is the same company that sells Buddy Biscuits. :o)





Here's a link to show you what it looks like:





http://dogstuffnmore.com/pro1186127.html
I would look at your pet supply store in the grooming section for a detangling spray. I use one on my dog and it makes things much easier. Just spray it on while the coat is still damp and gently comb it through with a wide-tooth comb.

No comments:

Post a Comment