Wednesday, July 28, 2010

I can't rinse the shampoo and conditioner out of my hair! Can anyone help?

I recently moved to a new area, and ever since I have not been able to rinse the shampoo and conditioner out of my hair. A filmy residue is left on my hair everytime I shower. At first I thought maybe the water was too soft, but I have no problem rinsing the soap off my skin. Here is a list of what I have tried so far: handheld shower massage, shower filter, shampooing twice, using very little shampoo and even less conditioner, using water and vinegar, using vinegar and baking soda, using dish detergent (yes I know it's bad for you hair, but I was desperate). None of these have helped at all, and the residue just seems to be getting worse. It's difficult to even pull a comb or brush through it now because it feels ';sticky'; like there's a bunch of hairspray or gel in it. I don't know what else to do! Has anyone had a similar experience and found a solution?I can't rinse the shampoo and conditioner out of my hair! Can anyone help?
You need to invest in a good clarifying shampoo. It will get rid of all of the buildup in your hair.





A good one that I use is called Frederic Fekkai Apple Cider Clarifying Shampoo. It is good for all hair types, but especially oily hair, this shampoo rids hair of product buildup, chlorine, and environmental impurities. (Thats what the site says, and I believe it!) Its deep cleansing does not strip the hair of its essential oils.





Hope this helps!!I can't rinse the shampoo and conditioner out of my hair! Can anyone help?
use dove. then look up and rinse the water through your hair.
Well i dont know really what to do but you could try looking up the water in your area and try not using conditioner and browse extremely well and make sure to check the backs of shampoos and see if they can treat that. Good Luck!
take a conb in the shower with you %26amp; comb it through your hair after or even during the rinse....
It sounds like you might have good water now but had bad water before and were just used to it. If you hair is ';sticky'; feeling you might be getting it too clean (squeaky clean), which is bad for your hair. After you shampoo in the shower your hair should feel detangled and a bit on the slippery side. I would only say you have residue if your hair looks REALLY greasy after you dry it with no product in it. There are shampoos made for chlorine removal and some that are made for hard water minerals (check amazon.com). I would def skip the dish the soap ;) and stay with a moisturizing shampoo and conditioner (I like dove and aussie moist). Your hair stylist might be able to take a look at your hair and give suggestions as well. Good luck!
I am not sure what is causing this if it isn't the water type. But, I def have a solution for getting residue off your hair. There are many many ';rumor'; remedies, but I have been doing the same for years and years. Carefully rinse your hair with white vinegar before you are going to get in the shower. If you have a shower cap, this def helps because the vingear does burn a little if it's on the skin. And, the longer you let it soak into your hair (not to the point where it's dry tho) the more it works. I due this once a week just to keep my hair always feeling really clean, but not too clean. Hopefully you get a chance to try this, it works great. And, I know the smell is awful, but it's totally worth it in the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment