Friday, July 30, 2010

What is the best Shampoo/Conditioner?

What would be the best shampoo/conditioner for heat damaged/curly/dry hair?





Also, what do you think is the best brand of shampoo/conditioner? :| and the worst? :oWhat is the best Shampoo/Conditioner?
I have heat-damaged/semi-curly/fine/super-dry hair and scalp which is a pain in the butt to keep nice.





About three months ago, I tried the Body Shop's shampoos (I use their olive oil shampoo and honey conditioner). All I can say is wow. My hair is soooo soft and manageable. At first, the conditioner felt a little thin (it feels like a lotion and not a cream, unlike a lot of conditioners), but it REALLY works. I also use their moose and straightening balm, and I've given up on hair spray because the stuff works so well (which is also nice, since your hair then doesn't get all sticky from the spray).





The other cool thing about their products is the fragrance. Except for the olive oil stuff (which has a really nice floral fragrance), the fragrances are really nice and natural (as in, the honey conditioner smells like honey, banana, and the other stuff that's in the bottle).





Thus, I think the Body Shop has the best hair products. Although it's a bit of a splurge, they occasionally put the stuff on sale (like right after Christmas). As for the worst, I'd have to say it's a tie between Herbal Essances and Garnier Fructise (or Head and Shoulders). While they smell nice, they really dried out my hair. Although it's been a while since I've tried Pantene, it added a lot of build up.What is the best Shampoo/Conditioner?
I always use Paul Mitchell. You can get just about anything by him from the hair salon.





But if you're looking for something cheaper, Panteen Pro V shampoo and conditioner are good. I've used the Aussie Hair Care stuff before and that doesn't work as good in my opinion.





But the best way to find these things out, is to get some samples of different shampoos and conditioners, that way you can make sure you get something that you really like and something that really works for you.
my mom is a hairstylist and has gone to many hair shows and used many different brands. we both have wavy/curly dry hair+scalp. and we found that for our hair paul mitchel doesn't work as well and bed head works very well. except, paul mitchel does have a shampoo called tea tree which does help dry scalp. also if you have a Sally's beauty supply they sell products very similar to paul mitchel and bed head. In addition, do NOT use pantene pro v it actually leave somewhat of a wax coating that's why your hair looks so shiny and glossy.
ok first get rid of the damaged dead hair i recommend a trim every month but if your hair dresser cuts more then a trim that means that your hair is really dead so it grows back faster and sleek stop all of the perms for a while and then get pantene prov its probably the best but if you want exremly a bit expensive good stuff i use bio silk.
The Best: Straight To Perfection Herbal Essences shampoo and conditioner. It makes my hair very soft, and it doesn't really straighten it. My hair is damaged and it's soft now since I've been using that.





Worst: Ausi [sp?]
treseme is good for your hair, I use it and I love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment