Friday, July 23, 2010

Favorite shampoo and conditioner while pregnant?

My usual ones are making me nauseated from the scents. I need something light and fresh smelling that's not over-powering and can control my hormone inriched dry, brittle hair. I have hard water as well, so possibly a clarifying shampoo?


Any help would be appreciated, I've smelled about everything in the stores and I'm throwing away bottles at an unbelieveable rate.Favorite shampoo and conditioner while pregnant?
I recommend checking out a natural store with organic shampoos and conditioners. I really like those myself and they don't have the icky chemical smells.Favorite shampoo and conditioner while pregnant?
One of the best and cheapest Clarifying shampoos is Suave. I use it.








reviewstream.com





I have long, thick hair that is often times hard to manage. Because of this, it requires a good thick conditioner and a lot of styling products to help tame frizz and hold curl. All of this regularly leads to product build-up on my hair that leaves it dull and limp. I used to use Neutrogena鈥檚 Anti-Residue Shampoo which worked ok but had a horrible, medicine like scent. When my local Wal-Mart stopped carrying it, I then decided to give Suave鈥檚 Daily Clarifying Shampoo a shot. I鈥檓 so glad I did!





This shampoo smells fantastic! It鈥檚 so much different from the fruity or strong perfume type scents of most shampoos. This has a nice fresh, herbal scent. It reminds me a lot like the original Herbal Essence shampoo Clairol used to make.





I used to just use this once a week. After I became pregnant though, my scalp started to produce more oil and I could see my hair becoming noticeably more greasy. Even though this is advertised as a daily use shampoo, I was afraid that it would dry out my hair if used that often. It doesn鈥檛. Followed by a nice conditioner, my hair is still soft and shiny. I love this shampoo! For only about 2-3 dollars, you get a full 22.5 ounce bottle. It鈥檚 a great deal!
I switched to Paul Mitchell's tee tree shampoo and conditioner. It's a peppermint shampoo/conditioner and makes your scalp feel awesome! My scalp is ridiculously dry as well, and this helps to keep it in a healthy state. I have shorter hair, so when I buy the liters (during Beauty Brands liter sale), it will last me like six months.
the one I use is Tea Tree and mint shampoo. Smells soo good. (but then, I'm a mint addict.) And my conditioner is John Frieda curl enhancing because not only is my hair dehydrated, it's curly.





shampoo looks like this: http://www.hairproducts.com/view_product鈥?/a>





Conditioner looks like this: http://www.johnfrieda.com/products/produ鈥?/a>
I love Aveda. They are a little pricier but I think they are well worth it. They smell great and don't contain chemicals that could potentially be harmful to you and baby. I use the Rosemary Mint (for fine hair) but Shampure is also very nice. They are only available at Aveda stores and salons. I bought the smaller bottles to start but when I ran out I bought the large ones and just refill my smaller ones with those. It is much more economical.
Garnier is my shampoo. It smells fruity, but I love the smell. Fruity smells don't turn my stomach, but perfume-ish/fake smelling scents do. I can't use any perfume or body spray now. It also makes my hair feel wonderful. I have really long hair (beyond the small of my back), so I use the long and strong kind.
When I was pregnant I used Sebastian International Laminates shampoo and Conditioner (the one in the gold bottles) and I also use Potion ( Leave In Treatment. This combination worked wonders for my hair and I've been using these products off and on for 20 years.
i use the l'oreal elvive range - i live in essex so ive got hard water too. herbal essence is making me a little nauseated too. its just a bit over powering.





the elvive golden bottle seems to be working ok, its not got a massive potent smell, but its enough to feel clean! x
ive been using pantene. the scent isnt too strong but it smells pretty





i usually use tressemme, but i dont know its making my hair extra dry while im pregnant. the pantene keeps my hair really silky. i always get the 'smooth' one, the green color
You might try an unscented. Kiehl's is carried at Nordstrom and is all natural - good for pregnant ladies too. I personally really like the Aveda 'shampure' line. It should accomplish what you're looking for.
when i had morning sickness the only shampoo i like was head and shoulders. all the really fruity smelling ones made he gag in the shower. hope that helps
i use pantene which i think is gr8

No comments:

Post a Comment